Southstar Communities FAQ
- SouthStar Communities is a fully integrated real estate investment, development and management firm focused on the residential marketplace.
- Based in Austin Texas, SouthStar has been creating healthy communities and a legacy of success throughout the Southern United States for a generation.
- Since its inception in 1999, SouthStar has acquired and developed residential assets valued in excess of $ 2.5 billion in Texas, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
- The company specializes in every stage of real estate; from acquisition, permitting and development, sales, marketing and project management.
- SouthStar continues to seek opportunities to leverage its experienced team and processes to deliver great experiences for owners and strong financial results for its portfolio partners.
- Vintage Oaks is a 3,300-acre master-planned residential community located in the Texas Hill Country in New Braunfels, TX, between San Antonio and Austin.
- Vintage Oaks is slated to have over 2,000 homes at build-out
- Vintage Oaks features 1- to 10-acre home sites, lot and home packages and custom and semi-custom single family homes.
- Featuring both gated and non-gated neighborhoods, Vintage Oaks features resort-style amenities including an expansive clubhouse, two swimming pools including a tots pool, a lazy river and playground.
- Community gathering amenities also include neighborhood parks, athletic fields, tennis courts and miles of nature trails.
- Vintage Oaks is home to primary and secondary home owners; from young families, to pre-retirement couples commuting to Austin and San Antonio, and retired couples from Houston, Dallas and across the country. Many military families live to Vintage Oaks due to its proximity to Randolph Air Force Base.
- Vintage Oaks has had the highest number of new home starts in the San Antonio MSA for the last 12 months and is the Texas Hill Country’s number one residential community.
- Vintage Oaks is the fastest growing community in New Braunfels and in the San Antonio MSA.
- Vintage Oaks has a parcel designated for a school in the highly-rated Comal County ISD, further supporting the community’s family-friendly atmosphere.
- Vintage Oaks’ appeal is Hill Country living in a warm and friendly community, spectacular scenery and surrounded by breathtaking vistas and natural beauty, while accessing world-class amenities and a short drive to shops, events and dining New Braunfels, Gruene, Austin and San Antonio.
- King Oaks is a 953-acre residential master-planned community adjacent to Bryan-College Station, planned for 431 homes at build-out.
- Homesites range from one to three-acres in wooded, scenic pond-front, and tranquil creekside locations.
- Amenities include a 60-acre nature preserve, miles of walking trails, a fishing pond and community park.
- The Amenity Complex with swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, playground and tennis court is on schedule for completion in Spring 2014.
- King Oaks is home to primary resident families and successful retired couples from Houston, Dallas and across Texas.
- King Oaks is a short drive from the Texas A&M campus and the energy of the Aggies, less than 2 hours from Houston and 3 hours from Dallas
- King Oaks main appeal is the wooded serene setting that offers privacy and quiet surroundings in an amenitized community that is nearby to Bryan-College Station and the conveniences and activities of the area.
- Lake Ridge at Joe Pool Lake is a 3,200-acre master-planned community planned to feature over 2,500 homes at completion.
- Lake Ridge is enjoys spectacular vistas from high above Joe Pool Lake, while being minutes to Downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth.
- Residents enjoy benefits at neighboring Tangle Ridge Golf Club, Lynn Creek Marina and over 200 acres of community parks, walking trails, 3.5 miles of paved bike trails and fishing ponds.
- Community amenities include Valley Ridge Park, a 164-acre community park with a 3,000 square foot amphitheater with natural bowl seating for 2,000, four play structures for children, a stocked fishing pond, 18 soccer fields, six baseball fields, four softball fields, three football fields and a 1.5 mile paved trail.
- Lake Ridge features 1/2- to 2-acre wooded and lake view homesites.
- 7,500-acre Joe Pool Lake hosts two marinas and the Oasis Lakeside Restaurant.
Havenwood at Hunter’s Crossing, New Braunfels, TX
- Havenwood is a 1,200- acre gated master-planned community located in New Braunfels, TX, between Austin and San Antonio.
- At build-out, Havenwood is planned to have over 600 custom and semi-custom homes.
- Features 1 to 3- acre homesites and single family custom and semi-custom homes.
- Amenities include a swimming complex with three pools and outdoor pavilion neighborhood park, basketball, tennis and volleyball courts and well as miles of scenic walking trails.
The Reserve at SugarTree , Lipan Texas
- Is a 430-acre master-planned community in Lipan, on the shores of the Brazos River in North Texas and surrounding SugarTree Golf Club.
- At build out, Sugar Tree is planned to have over 250 homes.
- Residents at SugarTree are drawn by the natural beauty of the waterfront area and of the meticulously maintained SugarTree Golf Club.
- Awarded 4 stars by Golf Magazine, the 6,659 yard, par 70 layout at SugarTree Golf Club includes the banks of the Brazos River, challenging fairways lined by live oaks, pecans, hackberry trees, and other specimen trees.
- Amenities also include a swimming pool, clubhouse with fitness room outdoor pavilion and sand volleyball court.
- Homesites range in size from 1/2 to 3 acres, located in quiet wooded areas or on along the golf course.
Chapel Ridge, Pittsboro, NC
- 788 -acre, over 700-homesite golf community located minutes from the conveniences of Chapel Hill, North Carolina and a short drive to Raleigh-Durham
- Situated on more than 1,000 acres of rolling countryside, the master-planned community is home to The Golf Club at Chapel Ridge.
- The 18-hole course is a par 72, 7,100 yard championship layout co-designed by Fred Couples to provide players with a superlative golfing experience.
- The community is fully certified in the Audubon International’s Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf Courses program, ensuring its scenic beauty can be enjoyed by generations to come.
- Members have access to its swim and tennis center, sports courts, fitness center and athletic fields and an exclusive property owners’ clubhouse.
- Just minutes away from the community is spectacular Jordan Lake, a 14,000-acre water paradise where boating, fishing, camping and skiing abound.